There are many different payroll filings that you need to remember. If you are using QuickBooks Online, these filings can be done and paid right through there. These instructions are for people using the desktop version.
Here is a list of those items and their most common filing dates:
- FICA Taxes (941 – Social Security, Medicare, Federal Withholding) – Most cases this is filed monthly and paid through the EFTPS website: FICA Taxes Site
- State Withholding – This is most often filed monthly through My Tax Account: State Withholding Website
- State Unemployment – This is filed quarterly with the Department of Workforce Development: State Unemployment Website
- Federal Unemployment (940) – This is filed quarterly when your balance due gets over $500, but you can pay it earlier if you would like to through the EFTPS Site: Federal Unemployment Site
- Form 941 gets filed each quarter. This can be done through QuickBooks (if applicable), or else you can print the form and mail it in.
Please contact us if you have any questions on your payroll tax filings.